Monday, October 21, 2013

Penang Hill


So I try to avoid places that are overpriced.  I mean, why should I pay money to climb to the top of a hill, if I can walk there for free.  I have legs, I like to exercise, and that is especially true if it costs three times more for me to ride to said hilltop than a local resident.  I don't want to be overcharged.



All that is true, but sometimes, when the hill is huge, really huge and the view is really really beautiful you have to pay.  The ride up was worth it, and you were paying for the ride and not the view...





Penang Hill is a place to spend an afternoon if you are in Penang.  I wish I had come here sooner.  If for no other reason, for the monkeys.  They seem to have a good sense of humor and are willing and able to eat if you offer them food.  Of course you should never do that.  I mean, you might end up with a lifelong friend, like the monkey from Monkeyshine, who comes to think of you as his or hers.





Also worth note, besides the beautiful views and the monkeys is the wonderful garden - Monkey Cup Garden, more than worth the extra few RM to tour.  They have a lovely garden of not only monkey cups but also other exotic plants, insects and the like.  In addition there are a couple restaurants on the top of the hill, not to mention a temple and a mosque as well.




Monkey Cups

Venus Flytrap


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

WordPress plugin